Would you like to upgrade your macOS Catalina in the virtual machine to the latest version? So, if your answer is yes you are in the right place if your answer is no you are welcome to skip. I suggest the latest version because there are some new and interesting features that you can use. However, how you can upgrade and go with it? Well, now in this post I will show you how to upgrade your macOS Catalina in the virtual machine to the latest version. And now in this article, we provide you the steps for upgrading the latest version. So, the thing that you need to do is just follow the steps and do whatever we guide you through this post. The reason we guide you through this is that, to avoid losing your data and ensure that the upgrade is successful.
So, the thing is that it will be so good to upgrade your macOS Catalina to the latest version of it. Now if you want to upgrade your macOS Catalina so do it because it is so easy. On the other hand, if you upgrade it you will face many cool and nice features that are newly added. So, the way we discuss it is so easy and understandable you just need to pay attention to it. Just follow step by step that we provide you the tutorial for your easy understanding. Therefore, first, we are going to discuss upgrade Majova to Catalina and Catalina to the latest version. So, let’s started without wasting our precious time.
Upgrade Mojave and Catalina on VMware
If you are running macOS Mojave on VMware, make sure that you use the latest version of it. Because it is important to upgrade it to Catalina. Only this release has enough space to upgrade macOS Catalina. And if you don’t use the latest version of it just change it to the latest version. Follow the instructions.
- Open VMware virtual machine and find the latest free version of it 15.5
- After that click on the green button which is the download button.
- So, after downloading find it on the folder and then double click on exe.
- It will start your computer again, and after starting your computer again double click on exe to do the installation.
- After installation, a window will pop up. You just need to click on the finish button to close the installation wizard.
Edit The VMX File For macOS Catalina
Navigate the virtual machine containing the “virtual machine configure” file. You can find the file on the Documents > virtual machine. After finding the file you need to right-click on that. After that choose to open the file with Notepad.
So, After finding the file search for guestOS =”darwin18-64″ and replace that with guestOS =”darwin19-64. After that scroll down the page and add this code: smc.version=”0″.Moreover, After that tap on the file and save that VMX file, drawin19-64 is a new macOS Catalina. After that, I am dame sure that VMware will support macOS Catalina.
Download and Install macOS Catalina
For installing macOS, Catalina follows the steps we provide you for macOS Mojave. And after that follow these steps.
- Turn on VMware’s latest version then click on the power option on the virtual machine.
- Now download the latest version of macOS Catalina from the Mac App Store.
- After the installation is completed, it will start running automatically.
- Go forward, and install macOS Catalina on your VMware.
- Download macOS Catalina Vmdk file
- Download macOS Mojave virtual box/ VMware ew version
- How to reset macOS Catalina forgotten password
- macOS 10.15.1 Catalina Beta 3 Download Released By Apple
Customize Your Virtual Machine With the New Boot Disk
So, after doing steps make sure that the installation is completed successfully. After that shut down your Virtual Machine and open your Virtual Box, find edit and click on edit. After that in hard disk tap, click on the add button and open a new “Update Image”.
Download and Install the New macOS Catalin
Download macOS Catalina from the mac app store and do the process of downloading. After that follow the steps below.
- Turn on your virtual Machine
- After that UEFI shell screen
- Finally, type “update.nsh” to boot the Catalina installation.
To conclude my topic I would like to say that in this article we discuss how to upgrade macOS Catalina in the latest version. In this article, we talked about upgrade Mojave and Catalina to VMware and the installation of macOS Catalina. And if you want to upgrade your macOS Catalina so read this article carefully. And I hope this article helped you to upgrade your macOS Catalina to the latest version. If you have got any questions do ask on the comment box below. And don’t forget to give us feedback. Support us by subscribing to our website with your email address.