Have you ever think about the Effects of Social Media on Education. So, Today’s high-right tech world, information consider the most important tool. Getting information and share it with people become much easier with social media. For instance, by creating groups and pages on social media they can share the information very easily. Now in this post, we will discuss the good and bad impacts of social media on education. So, as all of us know that social media impacting students positively and negatively. The positive impact of social media is to increase students’ social intelligence and understanding of human behaviors.
The negative impact of social media makes them materialistic, angry and addicted to too many bad things in their life. However, everything has pros and cons and social media also have many pros and cons that we should know about. Moreover, social media has a lot of good effects on students during their studies if they want. In the 21centry students can learn the things online with the help of social media. Nowadays social media is the best teacher in our daily life we can study online with the help of social media and make our video and share it with our friends.
And also our teaches also can do this they should create groups and videos and then share that on the social media that students should use that. With that teachers can earn money as well they can kill two birds with one stone. However, social media has bed impact on student’s life as well. One of the bad impacts of social media on students is that they can’t communicate with people face to face. Because they learn how to discuss and make conversation on social media but not in real life.
Effects of Social Media on Education
Social media is the future of communication. The platform is all about community, based input, contact, contend sharing and allies. Social media has a lot of impacts on today’s education because tod we live in a technological term. So, today social media has changed the way of communicating and many other things and also the way of education. I hope students should use social media in a way that is useful for them.
Read Also About:
- Best Android phone-in 2019
- Top 5 most played games in 2019
- Google paid-apps game free
- Utorrent movie download site
Purpose of using Social Media
Students using social media for many reasons. Such as online gaming, chatting with their friends, watching online movies, chatting with the opposite sex for pleasure, making new friends, learning something new, doing assignments, etc. According to one research, 40% of students using social media for entertainment, like watching online movies, playing online games and etc. 35% of students use social media for educative purposes. It involves watching tutorials related to their topics, reading online materials, etc.
20% of students use social media in order to keep themselves updated regarding current activities in their class. It involves presentation updates assignment and deadline etc. Only 5% of students using social media in order to make friends around the globe. The target of these students is to learn their culture and if they have any scope in different countries for the job or further education.
Positive Effects of Social Media on Education
Some of the positive impacts of social media on students, schools, colleges. There are many positive effects of social media in students that they even change the way of teaching. And the way of learning.
- It provides every student with the possibility of learning online. With using social media you can study online without so much effort. Why spending so much money traveling and rating offices if you can study from the comfort of your home. These days social media make it possible to study online from home without traveling and spending money.
- It helps to improve writing skills. Most of the students lack the necessary skills for writing essays and other academic writings. So, The most effective way to stop this is to start a blog. free writhing helo students to practice regularly free from their worry their thoughts will be strictly evaluated. Today many teachers encourage their students to write and create a free blog for writing improvement. Moreover, this is how the future blogger born.
- Enhance Creative activities. Often students talent relevant when he/she starts taking pictures for Instagram, making the video for Youtube, etc. Many students have great hobbies and they share it on social media and it causes them to understand their potential for making it clear.
- Help to become an expert in the use of innovative technologies. It is true that finding a good job is impossible if you are unfamiliar with computer technology. When a student uses social media for communicating studets learn so many things about technology devices. So, they gain the basic skill to design portfolio when creating an account on the social network.
Negative Effects of Social Media on Education
So, as I said everything has pros and cons in the above we discuss pros and now let’s discuss cons.
- Students are not accustomed as much to having face to face conversations. Body language is a huge part of communication and it involves half of the communication between humans. When people communicate through technology then body language claused can be missed. However, the student does not learn to use body language as a queue for understanding the context of what the person is trying to say.
- Self steam issues-May people have found they feel more lonely as a result of social media. So, this is especially true of young people who grow up with social media. Since people communicating more and more with electronic means, they tend to have a harder time interacting with people in the real world. They can communicate online with ease, however, not when it comes to face to face communication.
- Inability to think independently – This is the biggest issue in cons with social media. it can lead to groupthink, and while that may not be a bed if you have the right group. So, it may result in people not having original thoughts and making up their minds about issues. There have been countless studies done this over the year, so it should come as no surprise the social media channel can help lead to groupthink.
As I have said this was all about the effects of social media on students, schools, and colleges. Everything has advantages and disadvantages try to use the thing in advantage site, not at the disadvantage. Don’t use more social media because overusing everything may cause bad things. Overeating can make us unhealthy or ill social media also can lead as in the wrong way. So, I hope you have learned something from this article. Besides if you have any questions or suggestion you can ask me in the comment box below. Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog with your email address. Thanks for visiting. Follow us on Socia media such as facebook, twitter