macOS Catalina is the next operating system after macOS Mojave. So, in this post, I will guide you on how to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on windows pc. The new update of macOS Catalina is proved updated by its users due to having well and comfortable features. So, be aware of this that the new release of macOS Catalin with its previous one has a lot of differences. macOS Catalina 10.14 was released in 2018 and macOS Catalina 10.15 released in 2019. The new one has a lot of new and interesting features and it that the other one doesn’t have. Moreover, macOS Catalina 10.15 has a lot of new features and changes including a change in the operating system. As we can see that the latest version has very nice and handy features and high-security performance. Now we will show how to install it on Virtualbox.
Whenever, when it comes to the area of Virtualbox is a complete virtualization platform that that is existing on that. The virtual machine is the best option for installing macOS to windows pc and windows to a mac. By using a Virtual machine you can use both the operating systems in one computer. You can use both the operating systems at a time in one laptop. So, it is very interesting. Now we will show you all of this step by step. So, for that reason follow the steps to install macOS Catalina on Windows PC.
Some Handy and New Feature of macOS Catalina
- remembering Apple TV on macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta
- Update on Photos
- Find me
- High Security and Privacy
- Voice access to all Devices
- Connect to Monitors and iPads
- Updates on Reminders and Safari
- Connectable Apple watch to macOS
- Communication Limits
- iPad Apps on macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta
- Apple Music, Ppdacats and TV are available on macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta
- Improvement of Notes on macOS
- Take usages of Apple Pencil
- Screen Time
- Install The Final Version of macOS Mojave If Your Are Using The Beta
- Upgrade macOS Catalina in Virtual Machine to the Latest Version
- Download & Install macOS Unlocker for VMware Workstation 11/12/14/15
- Download macOS Mojave VMware & Virtualbox Image – New Version
- How to Reset macOS Catalina Forgotten Password – an easy way
Create New Virtual Machine For macOS Catalina
Step 1. When you install the VirtualBox then after installation double-click on that and open it. After opening VirtualBox select New for creating a new virtual machine.
Step 2. So, now in this step click on the expert mode to go ahead.
Step 3. In the third step type, the name like macOS Catalina than type, version and its choose its location. After that choose the memory size and click ” Create a Virtual Hard Disk Now”. And at last click on create.
Step 4. So, now choose the file size then select the option “VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) after that click create.
Edit Virtual Machine Setting
- This setting will help you with the installation work and performance. So, don’t miss any of the settings otherwise it will fail to install. Now Click on Setting.
- When the Setting window opened the tap on System tab, Uncheck the Floppy. And check the box of “Enable EFI. Now go to the next tab on the processor tab and increase the processer tab till 4. After that go to the “Display tab” and tab increase video up to 128MB. And come down to the next “Storage Tab” then select “Empty”. After that click on the Option Drive tab then selects “Choose/Create a virtual Optical disk”.
- So, in this step click on Add Button and tab to “macOS Catalina ISO file” then select it and click open. After that Select the “USB Tab”. Then select the “USB 3. ( xHCI), controller. after that click ok to end the setting.
Apply Virtual Machine Codes
So, now we reach the final step of creating a virtual machine of macOS Catalina. Now we will apply some commands for a virtual machine using CMD. For applying command prompt firstly close your VirtualBox.
Code for your VirtualBox: cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your Virtual Machine Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
Now copy this code to Notepad or Wordpad. Which you think to replace its name with the virtual machine name easily.
So, now open the command prompt and do run as administrator.
When the command prompt opened, copy and paste each line on the command prompt and enter.
Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC
So, now its time to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC. If you passed all the steps for installing VirtualBox successfully it means you are ready for installing it on your windows pc. So, now I will tell you the detail I think there is no need for a screenshot just read this article carefully. Now let’s get started with it.
- First of all, open the VirtualBox and then create the virtual machine.
- When you have done the first step the welcome window will pop up, so now in here select your language and country.
- For another keyword, you expect to use, click continue.
- Now select Transfer no information
- Now here it is your choice whether you log in with your Apple ID or not.
- So, in the sixth step agree to all the terms and conditions of Apple.
- Now make a user account for you macOS Catalina
- Now select the dark mode or light mode.
- In the last step, tap continues on the express set up windows.
Conclusion – Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox
So, this was all about how to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC. Now if you face any difficulty or have any problem do ask me on the comment box. Don’t forget to give us feedback and support us by subscribing to our blog with your email address.