So, today in this article we will come to know about how to make a VMDK file in VirtualBox. Now if you want to create one for yourself you are welcome here. But if you don’t you are welcome to skip this article. Sometimes, you may think that what is a VMDK file? A VMDK file is a virtual hard disk file created with virtual machine software from VMware, Inc. A virtual machine is a computer emulation on which you can install an operating system separate from your computer. The VMDKs that will be used by Storage Foundation Cluster File System High Availability (SFCFSHA) can be created either by the vSphere GUI or using the command line. Using the GUI, there is no control for the name of the file used, and they will be stored under the folder belonging to the VM that is creating the files.
However, The VMDK files are typically used to run legacy software. It means that the software cannot be run on newer computers. Now in this article, we will show you each and everything step by step. So, the thing you need to do is just follow the steps attentively.
- download macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK File and Install it on Your PC
- Download macOS Catalina VMDK (Virtual Machine Disk) File
- How to Install The macOS Big Sur Beta on Your Mac
How to Make a VMDK File
- So, first of all, download and install VMware Workstation” from the VMware website.
- Now launch the VMware workstation program by double-clicking the desktop icon or taping the shortcut from the “All program” list in the start menu.
- In this step click on the “File” menu. Then click “Next” and “Virtual machine” and tap ” Next”.
- Now select “Custom” from the “Select the Appropriate Configuration” options, then click “Next.”
- Click on the operating system that you want to install on the virtual machine form the listed options. Then select the “version” and after that click “Next”.
- Now from here type the name you want in the virtual machine name text file. “Location” > “Browse” and select a save location for the virtual machine files (not including the VMDK file), then click “OK.” Click “Next.”
- From here chose the number of “processor” on Virtual Machine. You need to note that the “two” option is only available if your physical computer has at least two processor chips. Click “Next.”
- Click and drag the slider to allocate physical memory (RAM) on your computer to the virtual machine, then click “Next.”
- Now select the “network connection” then click “Next”.
- So, from here you need to select the SCSI adapter type for the virtual machine. If your not sure, leave the “Buslogic” SCSI adapter type selected as default, then click “Next.”
- Now ” Create a new disk” in the “Disk” options menu.
- Click “IDE” or “SCSI” disk type, then click “Next.”
- Select the “Disk size” text field.
- Now try to tap on a place to check in the “Allocate all disk space now” to reserve the physical disk space for the VMDK file immediately. Click “Next.”
- Type a file name “Disk File” text field. Browser to choose a save location for the VMDK file. the “Ok”> “Next”.
- In the final step tap on “Finish” to create the virtual machine and the VMDK virtual machine hard disk file.
To wind up this article I would like to mention that this was all about making VMDK files for VirtualBox. So, I hope this article was helpful for you and after reading this article you become able to make one for yourself. So, in this article, we explain everything step by step just follow the step and I am sure it will help you while making a VMDK file. Subsequently, If this article was helpful for you don’t forget to subscribe to our blog with your email address.