So, today in this article we will come to know about how to install the macOS Big Sur beta on your Mac. So, if you are a Mac user and want to test the macOS Big Sur on your mac read this article. Because in this article we will show you how to install it. After some time finally, the WWDC Apple company released its new version with incredible features. If you are an old mac user you may know that Apple company each year releases a new operating system of Mac. Now in this year Apple also released its new version on Jun 2020 by the name of macOS Big Sur. So, when Apple releases its new operating system it also releases many handy and nice features with it. Moreover, this time also the new operating system has many nice features that users can get benefit from it.
However, keep in mind that until now the complete version is not out. The Apple developer said that the complete version going to be released in September or October in 2020. So, macOS Big Sur will be arriving soon with many new features that need testing before they’ve launched to the public. As usual, Apple providing an early version of this to developers so that they can taste their apps against it. If you’re one of many who feels that they can’t wait, this article is for you. Below, we’ll detail exactly how to install the macOS Big Sur beta on your Mac. Just follow the steps down below and test the beta by yourself before the full version is out.
The Following Mac System is able to Handle macOS Big Sur Beta
Before installing the beta version make sure that your Mac can support it. The following Mac system is able to support macOS Big Sur Beta.
- Mac Mini 2014 or later
- iMac 2014 or later
- iMac Pro all models
- Mac Pro 2013 or later
- 12-inch MacBook 2015 and Later
- MacBook Air 2013 and later
- MacBook Pro Late 2013 or later
Note: You should keep in mind that before installing you need to backup your Mac fully. Fortunately, backing up your Mac is exceptionally easy. There are two ways to go about it. The first is to use iCloud. Pay for whichever tier of iCloud you need and move all of the files you want to keep onto your iCloud drive. Just keep in mind that this won’t completely protect these files or your Mac itself, it’ll just save your files if your Mac goes awol.
Keep in mind it’s generally a bad idea to run a developer beta on your primary Mac since there are performance issues and other bugs to be worked out. Now we will look at how to install the developer beta.
How to Install The macOS Big Sur Beta on Your Mac
- First of all open Safari or Chrome and search for Developer.Apple.com website.
- In the second step when you log in to it, find the download button and click on it, which is in the upper right corner.
- When you go to your Developer account details you have to come down and tap on “Install Profile for macOS Big Sur“.
- When the downloading is completed another file will download on automatically.
- From here go to Download Folder then double-click macOS DeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg in order to run the installer.
- When the download is completed, it will notify you that it is ready to install on your Mac. Now click Continue>Agree to the terms and conditions. Finally, tap on the Install button.
- In the seventh step follow the instruction to install the macOS Developer Beta. When you follow the instruction it will restart automatically. It means that when your Mac has restarted then macOS will be installed.
- Now tap on Apple logo> System Prefrences> Software Updates.
- Finally, you can see the macOS Big Sur developer beta Option on your Mac. Now tap on Upgrade now > Continue > Agree > Install. Now, wait until the process is not completed.
- How to Download macOS Catalina Image file on VIrutlaBox & VMWare
- Install XCode on macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows PC?
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 DMG file and Install it on Windows PC
How to install the macOS Big Sur beta on a partition
So, if you want to save your data from corrupted by a beta operating system you can partition your Mac’s hard drive in order to run macOS Big Sur with your current operating system.
- First of all, create a partition on your Mac if you have not already done so.
- Now click Continue when the downloading is finished.
- Now click Agree to agree with the terms.
- So, select Show all Disk to switch from your main partition.
- Choose the partition you wish to install the software on.
- Finally, click Install.
The installation helper will allow you to transfer information from your current operating system.
- Download and Install macOS Catalina 10.15.5 on Your Mac
- Apple Releases macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Available With New Battery Health Management
- How to Create Bootable USB For macOS Mojave 10.14 on Windows 2020
- Download Torrents File on macOS Catalina 10.15 – Latest Version
To wind up my article I would like to say that this was all about installed the macOS Big Sur beta on your Mac. However, until now the complete version is not out, and the Beta version of macOS Big Sur contains too many bugs, you have to deal with them. So, I highly recommend you to use partition until the full version is not out. So, after all, if you have any question you are welcome to ask me on the comment box down below. if you like my articles please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog with your email address and notify me when I publish a new article.