So, Dark Mode is a feature that lets you switch the color theme of an app or an entire desktop operating system to black or something close to it. Beyond the thrill of invigorating a tired design, some like to have the option because it makes looking at your devices a little easier on the eyes. If you use a smartphone that has an OLED display, it might save some battery life, too. Now if you are here to enable dark mode on your android device I can tell you that you are in the right place. Because here we will show you how to enable dark mode on Android devices. However, you need to keep in mind that how you turn on Android dark mode depends on which version of Android your smartphone or tablet is running.
What is Android?
Android is a mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Android is developed by a consortium of developers known as the Open Handset Alliance and commercially sponsored by Google. It was unveiled in November 2007, with the first commercial Android device launched in September 2008.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Andriod 10
- To enable dark mode on android 10 devices you need to go to the Setting app.
- Then you should tap on Display.
- Tap the toggle switch beside Dark Theme to enable it.
So, now you’ll see the new and dark gray background with white text. Some apps, such as Google Chrome, Google Play, and YouTube, will also automatically adjust to the dark theme. This is so easy to do!
- How to Turn on Dark Mode on Gmail Apps on Android & iOS
- Enable Safari Dark Mode And Switch Off Safari Dark Mode
How to Enable Dark Mode on Android 9.0 Pie
The good news is that Android 9.0 pie added an option to toggle between dark and light themes. However, the process is somehow different than android 10. to enable dark mode on 9.0 pie android follow the guides below.
- To turn dark mode on android 10 devices you need to go to the Setting app.
- Now tap on Display and then from the display option-click Advanced to expand the list of options.
- So, from here you should scroll down and tap Device theme, then tap Dark in the pop-up dialog box.
How to Enable Dark Mode for Android Messages
Launch the Messages app.
Tap the three-dot icon in the upper-right area of the app.
Tap Enable dark mode.
Follow the instruction I am sure that you will become able to turn on dark mode on the massages app. When you have done that the background with white text, with the colored contact icons retaining their original palette.
- How to Enable Google Chrome Dark Mode in Windows, Android, And IOS
- How to Turn on Instagram Darkmode on IOS & Android in 2020
To wind up this article I would like to mention that this was all about turning the dark mode on android devices. Here in this article, we show how to enable dark mode on android 10, android 9.0 pie, and on messages app. So, I hope you have learned something from this article and after reading this article you become able to turn on dark mode on your devices. However, if you have any questions please ask us on the comment box down below.